600 Onewhero-Tuakau Bridge Road
RD 2 Tuakau
Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
027 602 6577
Miller House offers
While the property is located in a small rural village you are only 45 mins drive from Auckland International airport, (55 mins from Auckland city, and 14 mins from State highway 1). You stay in the calm and beautifully appointed surroundings of the extensive 60 sq m, sun filled suite, with views over the garden and surrounding farmland.
Your accommodation comprises the very large master bedroom with ensuite, and a private dining room, both these open to the verandahs with direct access to the garden.
At Miller House your booking ensures privacy. A second, queen, bedroom is only made available for your additional guests, if required. This room also opens through french doors on to the verandah.
The house dates back to 1895 when James Miller bought 100 acres in the centre of Onewhero village. The property has over 5 ha. (12 acres) of grounds and guests can enjoy walking in the gardens, or wandering through the 1.5 ha of mature native bush with its spring fed stream, native pigeons, pukekos, tuis and range of beautiful ancient trees.
Field croquet can be set up on the old tennis court for those wishing to just soak up the atmosphere, or there is a large range of local attractions and activities, good bike rides, surfing at Port Waikato, caving at Nikau Caves, motorsport at Pukekohe….to mention just a few.
The property has beef cattle, frizzle bantams, pheasants and the usual measure of rabbits, for which Baz the cat is employed, (he “works cheap” and he won’t bother you, so your total privacy is assured).
Bird song, and elegant calm all within easy reach of your next destination.
- Nikau Cave and Cafe – http://nikaucave.co.nz
- Wrights Water Gardens – http://www.wrightswatergardens.co.nz
- Glenbrook Vintage Railway – http://www.gvr.co.nz
- Horse Treks at Port Waikato
- Sunset beach, Port Waikato
- Harkers Reserve Walk and Vivian Falls
- Onewhero Golf Course
- Onewhero Society of Performing Arts – occasional performances
- Cinema 3 at Pukekohe
- Slippery Creek Kayaking (Drury)
- Alexandra Redoubt war site – http://nzhistory.govt.nz/media/photo/alexandra-redoubt-0
- Motorsport at Pukekohe Raceway
- Hunua walkways/waterfalls
Kaipo suite and breakfast NZ$520 per night
(luxury king bedroom, ensuite, and private dining room)
West veranda room and breakfast $200 per night.
Please note: West veranda queen bedroom shares a bathroom with Kaipo Suite. There is separate access through french doors, but can only be booked in conjunction with the suite if wished.
- Kaipo Room is appointed with king bed, genuine antique furniture and pictures, as well as some contemporary art works
- Choice of goose feather or synthetic fiber fill pillows
- Choice of feather and down, pure cotton, or synthetic duvet inners
- Pure cotton, high thread count, bed linen
- Slippers, (the house has original Victorian waxed kauri floorboards with oriental rugs)
- Television in room (on request)
- Unlimited wireless internet
- Nespresso machine
- Hair Dryer
- Traditional ceiling fans in all main rooms
Please note…. The West Veranda room is available only as an extra room to the Kaipo Suite
Bracu Restaurant in Bombay is an excellent fine dining option
If you wish to simply relax in the comfort of your suite and the surroundings then catering can be arranged from a local source with sufficient notice. A small selection of quality frozen meal options are also kept.
Refreshments are offered on your arrival, Hilary is resident on the property should there be anything you require.
Breakfast: Time is entirely governed by you and an extensive continental breakfast will be delivered to your suite. Some other options such as scrambled free range eggs, cold meats and cheeses can also be provided (please make these requests at time of booking).
Check in time from 3:30pm
Check out by 10:30am
- West Verandah room appointed with queen sized bed, genuine antique furniture and pictures
- Shared bathroom with Kaipo Suite, but with separate access through French doors to bathroom and garden
- \Washbasin in room
- Choice of goose feather or synthetic fibre fill pillows
- Choice of feather and down, pure cotton or synthetic duvet inners
Pure cotton, high thread count bed linen
- Slippers, ( the house has original Victorian waxed kauri floorboards with oriental rugs)
- Netflix & Unlimited wireless internet
Owner of this lovely original Victorian farmhouse, Hilary has great pleasure in making your stay a retreat with elegant surrounds and a rural atmosphere.
Originally from a family of art dealers in Europe, Hilary specialized in dealing in antique jewellery before coming to New Zealand and farming sheep and beef cattle on a large hill country farm. A move to a career in landscape design came next, born out of her mother’s love of flowers…and perhaps father’s fondness for digging things up.
After returning to art dealing for a while, having a gallery in Auckland’s Newmarket, the chance to restore Miller House seemed a great way to go back to the land. The garden is an ongoing development, as gardens always are, and to be able to share this glorious location is a privilege.
Booking & Availability
“The West Verandah room has a small in-room washbasin but shares a bathroom with the Kaipo Suite, so can only be booked in conjunction. There is separate access though French doors to both the bathroom and the garden.”
Reservations are subject to confirmation.
Terms and Conditions
No smoking – the house is a Historic Listed Building
Unsuitable for children or pets – Miller House is situated on a working farm
Cancellation within 30 days of arrival date: 50% forfeit of the total booking price
Cancellation within 7 days of arrival date: 100% forfeit of the total booking price
If a room is rebooked the cancellation policy will not apply.
No deposit is required to secure your reservation but we do require your credit card details. Full amount is payable at departure, payment by MasterCard, Visa, Eftpos or NZ cash.